How do I make a loan payment using a debit card in online and mobile banking?
Debit Card Loan Payment
Pay your loan using a debit card from any bank or credit union!
What types of debit cards are accepted?
- Mastercard, Discover and Visa debit cards from a bank or credit union
What types of loans can I pay using a debit card?
- Auto loans
- RV loans (including motorcycle, trailers and boat loans)
- Visa Credit Card payments (only available if a payment is currently due, otherwise payments may be made directly via a transfer)
- Personal loans
- HELOC (not including Interest Only HELOCs)
- The minimum is $5.00.
- The maximum is 2 times the minimum payment.
Please follow the steps below to make a payment.
After logging into online banking, select from the main menu:
- Transfers & Payments:
- Click “Payments”
- Click “Payments”
- On the Payments screen:
- Under “To this account”, select the loan
- Under “From this Account”, select “Debit Card Payment”
- Follow the prompts and click “Next”
- “Payments - Continue” screen:
- Confirm your payment request is correct and click “ Confirm Payment” to complete the transaction
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. If I use my RCU debit card to pay my loan do I get Reward points?
- A. No, the transaction is not processed by the network. It is an internal loan payment transfer.
- Q. Are the payments processed right away?
- A. Payments are immediate. Visa payments are also immediate however the Visa balance is updated the next day.
- Q. Can I schedule a card payment?
- A. No, payments are immediate. If you want to schedule a payment you may use the External transfer loan payment option.
- Q. Can I set-up a recurring debit card loan payment?
- A. No, the payments are one time. If you would like to set-up recurring payments use External transfer loan payments.
- Q. What if I miss-enter information?
- A. An error message will identify the incorrect information and request that it be reentered. For example, if you entered an incorrect expiration date, it will request that you reenter the expiration date. Other examples include an invalid security code; invalid card number or incorrect name.
- Q. What happens if the payment does not go through?
- A. An error message will be displayed. There may be instances in which the payment cannot be processed. If the following message appears, we recommend making a loan payment using an alternative method or trying at a later time:
We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Loan Payment Options - Mobile Loan Payment by Check Loan Payment Options - making a loan payment in online banking from another financial institution account Scheduled Loan Payments Loan Payment Options - Scheduling a recurring loan payment in online banking How can I make a loan payment in RCU Online banking?